Steve Corsi, current Director of the Wyoming Department of Family Services, has been selected as Missouri’s new Director of Social Services (DSS) by Gov. Eric Greitens.
While in Wyoming, Corsi achieved these outcomes:
- reduced its annual budget by almost $30 million while improving results for families and children
- reduced rules and policies by over 1,150 pages
- achieved a ranking as one of the top states for child safety for the past three years.
- achieved one of the most improved states in SNAP (food stamp) error rates in 2013 and received bonus awards for SNAP timeliness in 2014 and 2015.
- achieved and sustained a number one ranking for the state's Child Support program.
Corsi has a doctoral degree in clinical psychology and worked in the private sector as CEO of High Country Behavioral Health and worked as a Clinical Director in many other roles.
He is an officer in the Army National Guard and spent nearly a decade in active Air Force service.
The appointment requires confirmation from the Missouri Senate.