Conditions in places where people live, work and play affect a wide range of health risks and outcomes. These conditions are known as social determinants of health and differences in health are striking in communities with poor social determinants of health. A panel of experts will discuss these conditions and the policies and programs for addressing them.
The Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City presents "Live, Work, Play: Social Determinants of Health"
Tuesday, February 7, 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
5000 Holmes St.
Kansas City, MO 64110
- Dr. Camara Jones, Immediate Past President, American Public Health Association and
- Senior Fellow, Satcher Health Leadership Institute and Cardiovascular Research Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Melissa Robinson, CEO, Black Health Care Coalition
- David Slusky, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of Kansas
- Ann Marie Marciarille, JD, Professor of Law, University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law
Tickets and Registration at http://americanpublicsquare.org/event/socialdeterminants/
Moderated by Karen Cox, PhD, RN, FAAN, Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, V. Fred Burry, MD and Sandra Hobart Burry Chair in Nursing Advocacy and Leadership, Children’s Mercy, KansasCity